ISSN: 1223-1533

< Return to the list of articles

THE ANALYSIS OF DYNAMIC ABSTRACT BOOK ELECTROCARDIOGRAM OF THE ELDERLY PATIENTS WITH COMMON EYE DISEASES


Authors: Yao-Qin Jia, Shi-long Sun, Hong-jian Zhou, Zhong-Jian Li




 

Aims: To explore the characteristic electrocardiogram (ECG) changes of the elderly patients with common eye diseases by analyzing the dynamic ECG, thus provide data for clinical treatment before and after the eye surgery.

 

Method: we analyzed the dynamic ECG of 309 elderly patients with eye common disease as the subject group (Group A), including 129 males, and 180 females, the age ranged from 60 to 92 years old, we also gathered a group of 360 healthy elderly cases as the control group (Group B) for comparison.Analyzed the dynamic ECG of the two group with the software by Contac Company in China.

 

Results:

  1. In the 309 patients with eye common diseases, the abnormal rate of dynamic ECG was 68.3%(211cases), the other 98 cases(31.7%) were  normal.
  2. The abnormal dynamic ECG included slow type arrhythmia 180cases(58.3%), the control group was 39 cases (12.6%)by contrast;ST-T changers were 185 cases(59.9%),and the control group was 36 cases(11.7%).
  3. In Group A,Q-Td was 53.5±13.2ms,Q-Tcd was 61.2±3.1ms,while in Group B the Q-Td was 32.6±9.4ms,the Q-Tcd was 35.3±10.1ms.

 

Conclusion : The dynamic ECG  abnormal rate of the elderly patients with common eye diseases was higher than that of the healthy elderly cases , indicating that we should strengthen dynamic ECG monitoring before and after the eye operation period to ensure the safety of the elderly patients.